Building skills while keeping our distance
Opportunities and resources for learning and supporting others to learn during the COVID-19 pandemic
From TasTAFE - Tutor Adult Literacy Learners – a free online course
Tutor Adult Literacy Learners is a free online course designed to give you the skills you need to become an Adult Literacy Tutor. It is offered by 26TEN member, TasTAFE.
Over ten weeks, you will learn how to support adults to improve their language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Thanks TasTAFE for making this great course free for Tasmanians.
26TEN - our own tools and resources
Resources from Libraries Tasmania:
- 26TEN eReads: Use your Libraries Tasmania membership to borrow and download eBooks from the 26TEN collection on OverDrive. These books are written for adults who are building their reading skills and who enjoy an easier, quicker read.
- for adult literacy tutors
- Digital literacy: Find out more about improving your skills online, including using social media.
Tasmania’s peak body for the community services industry is offering a range of services to support the sector including:
- a free statewide peer learning Community of Practice sessions using the HeLLOTas! Toolkit. For organisations who wants to respond to community members by:
- providing information they can easily understand and use
- assisting them to find their way in health and community services.
- coordinating a COVID-19 issues register for the community services industry including both industry and advocacy issues
Please share your suggestions for resources that we can all use to build our skills and those of others while we practise physical distancing: email@26TEN.tas.gov.au