How to apply
The 2018-19 grant round opens on Monday 24 September 2018 and closes on Friday 22 February 2019 at 5 pm.
We use SmartyGrants, an online grants management system. The web address for the 26TEN grant portal is 26ten.smartygrants.com.au.
Select the grant you are applying for. When you start an application you will be required to login or register.
Once you have done this, you will be underway.
You can apply for a grant if you are:
- an employer operating in Tasmania
- a Tasmanian industry association and peak body
- a registered training organisation (in partnership with Tasmanian employers, industry associations, peak bodies).
This includes public, private and voluntary organisations. All paid, voluntary and self-employed workers are eligible for literacy support under this program.
Applicants can apply for a grant of between $5,000 to $50,000 (including GST).
Projects run for about 12 months.
What projects will be funded?
Eligible activities include:
- general literacy skills development (in the form of individual or group support)
- training with integrated literacy support
- digital literacy for low-skilled workers, with low literacy and numeracy
- training for staff about how to work with low literacy staff or clients
- surveys, consultations, research or other activities to determine the literacy needs of employees within your business/organisation/industry
- resource development to support literacy skills development of the target employees
- activities to make work documents easy to read (eg written in plain English).
Information for applicants
The 2017-2018 Information for Grant Applicants - for Employers covers all aspects of the program, including possible project activities, eligibility and selection criteria, what will and won't be funded, and reporting requirements.
2018-19 26TEN employer grants information for applicants.pdf
2018-19 26TEN employer grants information for applicants.docx
Here is a .pdf copy of the online application form. This is for your planning only. You must use the online form to submit your application.
The risk management information and example budget are referred to in the application form.
Risk management tables.jpg
Risk management treatment.jpg
Here is a list of organisations that have been awarded grants from 2014 - 2018.
Contact Jen Dunbabin (03) 6165 6122 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.