How to apply
The 2020-21 employer grant round opens Monday 7 September 2020 and closes 5pm Friday 12 February 2021.
We use SmartyGrants, an online grants management system. Access the grant portal here.
Select the grant you are applying for. When you start an application you will be required to log in or register.
You can apply for a grant if you are:
- an employer operating in Tasmania
- a Tasmanian industry association and peak body
- a consortium of small or microbusinesses
- a registered training organisation (in partnership with Tasmanian employers, industry associations, peak bodies).
This includes public, private and voluntary organisations. All paid, voluntary and self-employed workers are eligible for literacy support under this program.
Applicants can apply for a grant of between $5,000 to $50,000 (ex. GST).
What projects will be funded?
For a project to be eligible for funding, it must provide support to employees to improve their reading, writing or maths skills.
A project may also include the following elements:
- digital literacy for employees with low reading, writing or maths skills
- training for staff about how to work with staff or clients with low reading, writing or maths skills
- development of resources for use within the project
- activities to improve workplace communciation (including plain English)
- surveys, consultations, research to determine literacy needs of employees.
Information for applicants
The Information for Applicants document covers all aspects of the program, including possible project activities, eligibility and selection criteria, what will and won't be funded, and reporting requirements.
26TEN Employer Grants Information for Applicants 2020-21.docx
26TEN Employer Grants Information for Applicants 2020-21.pdf
The following documents are referred to in the application form:
Risk management tables.jpg
Risk management treatment.jpg
Results Chain Template Employer Grants.docx
Here is a list of organisations that have been awarded grants from 2014 - 2019.
Contact Jen Dunbabin (03) 6165 6122 or Kate Boatwright (03) 6165 5515 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.