How to apply
The 2019-20 grant round opened on Monday 21 October 2019 and closed on Friday 28 February 2020 at 5 pm.
The 2020-21 grant round will open later in the year, most likely early September.
We use SmartyGrants, an online grants management system. The web address for the 26TEN grant portal is 26ten.smartygrants.com.au.
Select the grant you are applying for. When you start an application you will be required to log in or register.
Once you have done this, you will be underway.
You can apply for a grant if you are:
- an employer operating in Tasmania
- a Tasmanian industry association and peak body
- a consortium of small or microbusinesses
- a registered training organisation (in partnership with Tasmanian employers, industry associations, peak bodies).
This includes public, private and voluntary organisations. All paid, voluntary and self-employed workers are eligible for literacy support under this program.
Applicants can apply for a grant of between $5,000 to $50,000 (excluding GST).
Projects run for 12 - 18 months.
What projects will be funded?
Eligible activities include:
- general literacy skills development (in the form of individual or group support)
- training with integrated literacy support
- digital literacy for low-skilled workers, with low literacy and numeracy
- training for staff about how to work with low literacy staff or clients
- surveys, consultations, research or other activities to determine the literacy needs of employees within your business/organisation/industry
- resource development to support the literacy skills development of the target employees
- activities to make work documents easy to read (eg written in plain English).
Information for applicants
The 26TEN grants program for employers 2019–20 information for applicants covers all aspects of the program, including possible project activities, eligibility and selection criteria, what will and won't be funded, and reporting requirements.
2019-20 26TEN employer grants information for applicants FINAL.pdf
2019-20 26TEN employer grants information for applicants FINAL.DOCX
The risk management information and example budget are referred to in the application form.
Risk management tables.jpg
Risk management treatment.jpg
Here is a list of organisations that have been awarded grants from 2014 - 2019.
Contact Jen Dunbabin (03) 6165 6122 on Mon, Wed-Fri or Kate Boatwright (03) 6165 5515 Wed-Fri or email us at email@example.com.