Grants open - Saturday 7 August 2021
Grants close - Friday 18 February 2022
These grants support employers and peak bodies to run projects to improve literacy and numeracy of Tasmanian workers (paid and volunteers). Projects can include improving all aspects of workplace communication, for example:
- improving the reading, writing and maths skills of employees so they can do their jobs better
- training employees to write work documents in plain English
- training supervisors and managers to support employees with low literacy.
Tasmanian employers, Tasmanian industry associations and peak bodies, and registered training organisations (in partnership with employers, industry associations or peak bodies) can apply.
How to apply
We use SmartyGrants, an online grants management system. Access the grant portal here.
Select the grant you are applying for. When you start an application you will be required to log in or register.
You can apply for a grant if you are:
- an employer operating in Tasmania
- a Tasmanian industry association or peak body
- a consortium of small or micro-businesses
- a registered training organisation (in partnership with Tasmanian employers, industry associations, peak bodies).
This includes public, private and voluntary organisations. All paid, voluntary and self-employed workers are eligible for literacy support under this program.
Applicants can apply for a grant of $5 000 to $50 000 (ex. GST).
What projects will be funded?
For a project to be eligible for funding, it must provide support to employees to improve their reading, writing or maths skills (minimum 50% of the project).
A project may also include the following elements:
- digital literacy for employees with low reading, writing or maths skills
- training for staff about how to work with staff or clients with low reading, writing or maths skills
- development of resources for use within the project
- activities to improve workplace communication (including plain English)
- surveys, consultations, research to determine the literacy needs of employees.
Information for applicants
The Information for Applicants document covers all aspects of the program, including possible project activities, eligibility and selection criteria, what will and won't be funded, and reporting requirements.
Information for Applicants - 26TEN Employer Grants 2021-22.pdf
Information for Applicants - 26TEN Employer Grants 2021-22.docx
The following documents are referred to in the application form:
Risk management tables.jpg
Risk management treatment.jpg
Results Chain Template Employer Grants.docx
Here is a list of organisations that have been awarded grants from 2014 - 2020.
Contact Jen Dunbabin (03) 6165 6122 or Kate Boatwright (03) 6165 5515 or email us at email@example.com